10.23.2011

A Halloween Tutorial: Bloody Nails

I was trying to figure out what to do with my nails today since I hadn't painted them in over two weeks. I wanted to do something creative, but also a bit spooky because Halloween is right around the corner (ahem, next Monday). These nails aren't as bad as the title makes them out to be and are very simple to do. I wanted to apologize beforehand, I wasn't planning on doing a tutorial while I was doing my own nails so I only have pictures of after I had finished.

Materials

  • Two toothpicks
  • One bottle of nail polish of your color choice
  • One bottle of red nail polish (can be any shade)
  • Nail polish remover
  • One sheet of Kleenex or paper towel
  • Q-tips
  • Top Coat
  • For my colors I used Essie's Coat Azure and Maybelline Express Finish in Rare Ruby
  1. Lay out the sheet of Kleenex tissue on a flat surface. Paint your nails with two coats of the nail polish color that you've selected (not the red nail polish). The Kleenex is there to keep the surface of what you're painting on clean. Take one toothpick and use it to clean up messy spots near your cuticles and on the sides of your nails.
  2. Wait for your nails to dry.
  3. Take the other toothpick and dip it into the red nail polish. Starting from a corner, take the toothpick and start swirling & dragging it on your nail until you've made-well..a bloody mess. Just dip the toothpick back in the bottle for more polish-if needed. Continue doing this for each nail.
  4. 4. Apply fast-dry top coat. Use the Q-tip and nail polish remover to remove any little mess-ups that may have occured and yes I didn't clean up my nails afterwards, I'm just gonna leave it for a better, bloody effect.
Voila! You're now done with your bloody nails for Halloween! You can also do this manicure for any wear also. Just replace the blood-red with any other color and you've got a cute, graphic manicure for any occasion.




Forever SIS,
Annie H.
P.S. It would look totally more Halloween-ish if I used a black or even purple-black base coat, but I didn't have any and the blue & red go together with my American Flag shirt that I'm wearing for my Ke$ha costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment